Here it is, December! With 4 weeks to go in the year, here are some events we are digging up on things to do in Calgary this week. There’s no shortage of things going on around Calgary, so pick one of our suggestions, or add your own.
- The CP Holiday Train is rolling through this coming weekend. On Saturday, it will be at the Anderson C-Train Station at 5:45pm. Bring the kids to see the lights!
- This coming Sunday, December 9th, there is the University District’s annual winter outdoor festival. There will be live entertainment, axe throwing, food, sled dogs, and more. Check it out!
- Christmas lights are lighting up all over town. On Friday, December 7th, there is the Santa Claus Parade in High River, Christmas Lights are going up at Spruce Meadows until the 6thof January, Airdrie has their own Festival of Lights, the lights are up in Confederation Park for the Lions Festival of Lights, and lastly, the Zoo Lights are shining for you, too. So much to choose from, or you can do them all!
- Holiday Fest’n’Film takes place this coming Sunday at St. Patrick’s Island where winter festivities will keep you laughing and warm from 12pm-2pm, followed by a movie (Smallfoot) at 2pm.
- The Polar Express Train Ride takes place at Aspen Crossing, 45 minutes southeast of Calgary where you can set on a journey to the North Pole, with cookies and hot chocolate served on the train.
- Heritage Park has no shortage of Christmas things going on, and their Once Upon a Christmas is an event where you can enjoy a scenic horse-drawn wagon ride around the Park and enjoy Christmas from the past in four historical homes which reflect older Christmas traditions.
- This Thursday evening, from 5-9pm, enjoy free admission to the Glenbow Museum as part of their Free First Thursday Nights. Every month, on the first Thursday of the month, admission is on the house for you to explore and enjoy a bit of Calgary’s culture scene.
- Getting ready to hit the slopes?! Well, get your ski’s shined up after the presentation of yet another Warren Miller movie. The Face of Winter is playing this Friday at the Plaza, grab your tickets today!
- Want to do something totally different this Christmas season? Head to a Christmas concert underground in Canmore! Check it out!
- Again, we leave the last thing for you…any suggestions on what’s happening around town that you could share with us?! We’re always keen to hear more.
Have a great week,