Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! We darted out of the city and enjoyed some time in the mountains, a very well-enjoyed escape. Back within city limits now, we have looked high and low to give you this week’s top 10 suggestions of things to do!
- Word Fest is on from today to the 15thof October. If you’re into writing and all things that celebrate that, this is an event for you!
- If you are into Shakespeare and taking part in different adaptations of plays, for the next week and a bit, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern is playing at Alberta Theatre Projects.
- This Wednesday evening, join the Alberta Wilderness Association along with John E. Marriott for a talk on how his work of photographing wildlife has turned him into a conservation advocate.
- If ghost tours are your thing, check out Heritage Park’s ghost tours that take place every Wednesday night until October 17th.
- The Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is taking place this Friday and Saturday at the Stampede grounds. If sampling food, wine, and local craft beer is your thing, you won’t want to miss this!
- Having two daughters myself, I want to support them in being celebrated. On Wednesday there is an International Day of the Girl breakfast fundraiser to celebrate girls in sports.
- Fort Calgary is putting on a family Halloween party this Thursday evening. Come out in costume and celebrate a few weeks early.
- Looking to get into the back country this coming season? Come by and catch this talk at Village Brewery.
- Is there an inner Bob Ross hiding in you and wanting to get out? Maybe watercolor is your thing? Try an art class with a local artist and urban sketcher and learn a new skill.
- If you’re an entrepreneur and want to understand how data science impacts your business, this free talk is for you!
The more we research, the more we see there is so much going on in town. Have a great week!